Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

I can not shift my 2001 pontiac grand prix se3.1 into gear

Customer Question

I can not shift my 2001 pontiac grand prix se3.1 into gear the button on the shifter doesnt want to push in
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the emergency release button nexted to the shifter but I have no results as it wont shift into gear
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The common cause for the button to not depress is usually caused by a failed Ignition Interlock Cable. To check and see if this is the cases follow the steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Shift%20cable%20Aug%2010.pdf