Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Lincoln zephyr when driving I have transmission failure ...

Customer Question

Lincoln zephyr when driving I have transmission failure ... Engine still running but car does not move. After a brief stop and I restart engine and transmission working again. Help!
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

A trouble code has been stored, have you had it scanned?

Driving without addressing this is causing more damage. I suspect with the current info its going to be a valve body issue.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me vin Leale

I do not do phone calls though can opt out and get you back on the waiting list yet again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a 'value body issue' ? A mechanic checked for error code and there was none.

A valve body is a part inside the transaxle that changes, and directs the fluid flow from the pump, and solenoids, through valves to the vaious clutches and bands.

You need to try a better scan tool, with lights on there has to be codes.