sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I want to know if the fan clutch is normally open or closed

Customer Question

I want to know if the fan clutch is normally open or closed and if i can install a manual switch to engage the fan
My trans is getting hot, i have changed the fluids in both the radiator and the trans but here in the west, things are hot. When the fan is engaged, the engine and the trans runs great. We carry some weigh on the 3500 truck
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
No vehicle information was posted with the question but I'm wondering if this is a Ram truck. The fan clutch is controlled by a duty cycled solenoid on the 2003 and later trucks with a diesel engine. There isn't a way to manually engage this type of fan clutch.
What year, model and engine do you have?