sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

I am using Santa fe 2001 Model. Some times Auto Transmission

Customer Question

Hi I am using Santa fe 2001 Model. Some times Auto Transmission get locked at 3 and won't shift down or up. So have to switch off the engine and restart again to come back normal
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The transmission is going into limp in. When the trans controller sees and issue it thinks can cause damage or it doesn't have complete control then it will set a fault code lock you in a single gear.
There are ma y possible causes for limp in including solenoids, speed sensors, internal trans issues, wiring, and the trans controller itself. The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are setting in the TCM, it will likely require some electrical testing from there.