tsmodie
tsmodie, Other
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECH, 30 YEAR EXPERIENCE, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Transmissions Civic: I have a '98 civic ex auto trans. Transmissi

Customer Question

I have a '98 civic ex auto trans. Transmission feels like it is not in gear when in the drive position. I can start the car it will drive for a little then the trans quits. I pulled codes P0700 and p0730. No prior problems.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  tsmodie replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** these codes, its a hydraulic problem internal to the transmission,and usually requires a transmission rebuild, the clutches are slipping and cause these codes, a flush may help for awhile, but the traqnsmission will eventually need to be rebuilt, this usually occurs at around 130k miles, how many do you havee on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just under 112000
Expert:  tsmodie replied 1 year ago.
then you will likely need to rebuild the transmission, is going to be an internal problem,Tim