Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Transmissions dodge: Went to a repair shop while out of town

Customer Question

Went to a repair shop while out of town this week. They had a LG list of repairs recommended including transmission flush. I had never experience any transmission issues before but they did show me the fluid compared to new. It was not burnt but dirty. Was advised by them and another pro it could wait briefly to be done. Had other services performed there ut not all they recommended as couldn't stay in town an extra day and decided to do tires at a tire shop. They seemed irritable but did do some work on the car for which I paid them. I offered at the end of that work to do the transmission flush but they said no, didn't have time. On the drive back last night a couple of times my car didn't change speeds seamlessly as it always has . There were a couple of jerks and shudders. Couldn't find a local shop who could see it today so drove minimally but the car stalled suddenly!!(never has before) and then when I restarted to drive the last two blocks home the check engine light came on. Could the fluid be low or something not reconnected or missing or could something have been tampered with in any way that would suddenly cause this? And would about 150 mikes worth of driving have been catastrophic if so.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how expensive could it be? Flush and fluid change was supposed to be $220
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what is the dodge?is it a truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2001 dodge grand caravan

ok..and the engine light is on now right?

are you there?