Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Buick Century Custom: I have a 2002 century and I was driving

Customer Question

I have a 2002 century and I was driving to work this morning and started going up a hill and the accelerator seemed to stick I could push the peddle to the floor and the car would not go any faster after a couple pumps of the peddle it seemed to catch and go. I let it sit while I was at work and on the way home the same thing happened the pushing of the accelerator and no go. the engine would rev but it would not go any faster. as I mentioned earlier it would seem to stick almost and then go
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist from your description, the fact that the engine revs up, it sounds like the transmission is failing. the first thing to do is to check the fluid level. if the level is good, then have the oil/filter changed in the transmission. the filter may be clogged. I would start here before saying that the transmission needs internal repair. Roy