Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Avalon: i have a 1999 avalon, when applying normal pressure

Customer Question

i have a 1999 avalon, when applying normal pressure to the gas pedal the transmission shifts fine.when pushed to the floor the transmission jerks and slips.. does not want to kick down to over drive. also if also jerks and slips if i try to take off to fast,, what would cause this herky- jerky shifting? thanks..
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There are many things that can cause the transmission to jerk and slip and usually the problem is internal. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with a computer system scan and see if the system is setting and storing any fault codes. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and get this problem resolved.