Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

GMc K2500 Sierra 4x4: I have a 2000 2500 GMC Sierra. While

Customer Question

I have a 2000 2500 GMC Sierra. While pulling my trailer starting out from a stop. The truck jerks right after shifting. 2nd 3rd and 4th. It also makes a horrible sound under the drivers side. rear and front wheels. It sometimes jerks so hard it pushes it forward like. I've heard transfer case. Transmission? Not sure what it is. It feels like it is going to break. This happened a long time ago but it went away and it was not as bad.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This sound more like an internal transmission fault causing this here.Usually if this was an issue with the transfer case you would notice an issue even without a trailer.
I suspect a possible valve body issue in the transmission possibly or torque converter issue.This will have to be checked and tested further to pinpoint the fault to be sure and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete