Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1
12772297

Hyundai Tiburon GT Limited: , i have a 2006 Tiburon. When

Customer Question

Hello, i have a 2006 Tiburon. When letting off the gas the transmission down shift by itself in to low gear and jerks the car to slow way down. Causing major stress on the motor.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello for the transmisson to suddenly shift like this I'd say that its likely the vehicle speed sensor / transmisson speed is faulty and so sending a 'noisy signal' into the transmisson control unit this would create sudden shifts as you describe as the next step I'd suggest getting the car plugged into a dealer level diagnostic tool to view the turbine speed on the transmisson and the vehicle speed signalsthese should read cleanly with no sudden 'spike' or jumps in speedif you see this then replace the speed sensor