Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Toyota 4runner sr5: Yah I have a 2002 2wd sr5 4runner and I've

Customer Question

Yah I have a 2002 2wd sr5 4runner and I've noticed when I'm in overdrive and have to accelerate quick the trans with downshift but when it does it will make a weird scratchy noise when trying to accelerate in that lower gear. It almost sounds like dirty bearings. But this noise only occurs when in Overdrive. Any suggests? Roughly 99k
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't happen every single time but it does happen enough where it worries Me.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If this only occurs when in over drive this may be an issue with the transmission torque converter itself or the input shaft or bearings in the transmission.These will most likely need inspected to locate the source of the fault and from there repaired to correct it.
Thanks Pete