Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. repairing vehicles. Factory trained Nissan and Subaru Technician.
2921078

Subaru forrester: how do I get a 1999 subaru forrester into

Customer Question

how do I get a 1999 subaru forrester into neutral when the engine has been removed?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereAutomatic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Well, what I would do if possible is connect the battery, then it will come out of park like usual as long as you turn the key on and press the brakes.The other option is to take the cover off the shifter and manually work the shift lock solenoid to get it out of park. I think it wasn't until 2000 that they actually put a small piece of plastic that you could remove on the shift cover. If it has it, it will be just above the drive position letters. If it does have it, pop it out, then push a small screwdriver in the hole while shifting back out of park.Try it out and let me know.Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?