Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

300 C: engine light flashes and my car powers down as though

Customer Question

engine light flashes and my car powers down as though I have a transmission problem. prior to this I had a shuddering which continues through 30 to 60 mph. thought that meant replacing the U joints. the engine light issue has 0ccurred once each of the last two days, and after being off for several minutes, the vehicle runs well. the issue of the shuddering still continues and seems to be getting worse.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The check engine light flashing means the computer is seeing a direct engine misfire and this can also give you the effect of the shudder you are feeling and may be related. In order to determine which cylinder is misfiring the place to start is going to be to have the computer system scanned and see what fault codes are setting when the check engine light is on. Most parts store beside those in California will run a scan for you at no charge, if you can get the system scanned and post back with the fault code and or codes I can direct you from there to get this resolved.