Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30+ years of practical experience in the automotive industry
2947720

Jaguar S-Type R: Have a 2004 s-type 3.o litre. Shift lever

Customer Question

Have a 2004 s-type 3.o litre. Shift lever out of sync with gear position. Think it is the shift cable. Your thoughts. Steven
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..That sounds like the shifter cable is out of adjustment.….I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page..https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ijah35ksnepdw3/Selector%20Lever%20Cable%20Adjustment.pdf?dl=0 . Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..Thanks, ***** ***** come again, anytime .