Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Chrysler: My limited slip is not slipping on a 2004 T&C AWD!

Customer Question

My limited slip is not slipping on a 2004 T&C AWD! The drive train tightens on a 90 degree turn and pops a rear axle on a tight 180 with dry asphalt. In other words, it acts like a solid rear axle. It has been like this for years but another axle just broke and I need a fix. Mr. Brilliance at Crysler service said it is the transfer case. LOL. Is there a repair for the final drive (differential)? Or do I just replace it.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Honestly by the time you pay to have it removed and torn down for inspection and replace just the broken parts. you would definitely be cheaper to replace as parts aren't extremely available or cheap
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
Did you figure anything out?