Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I changed the transmission.the fuel pump and fuel filter it

Customer Question

I changed the transmission.the fuel pump and fuel filter it starts but won't turn over
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. welcome to our site. Perhaps I can help you, but first I need to know what are you working on - make, model, engine size, transmission type
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 impala 3.4liter engine automatic transmission
Thank you for that information.The first step in diagnosing this issue would be to find out what is missing; compression, fuel or spark.Start your diagnosis by spraying a little starting fluid down the throttle. If the engine starts and runs for a few moments, that means compression and spark are good.If so, next step is to check fuel pressure and injector pulse - most major auto parts retailers have loan-a-tool programs that will allow you to borrow a fuel pressure tester. If fuel pressure is 48 psi, that would mean the fuel pump is OK.If so, then we'd need a Noid Light (available for less than $20 at any parts store) to check for injector pulse. If no pulse, then we would focus on why the PCM is not opening the injectors.