Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2000 XJ8 Vanden Plas Jaguar with 98,000 miles. It's

Customer Question

I have a 2000 XJ8 Vanden Plas Jaguar with 98,000 miles. It's an automatic and I recently had the transmission flushed and the fluid and filter changed. They insisted that I get it flushed using their special process and not just the pan drain like dealers do. They replaced the old fluid with Kendall Versatrans LV Full Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid. They said it was suitable and compatible to the OE fluid.
The transmission now whines during and slightly after acceleration and only sometimes on deceleration. It never did that before. Also after I had the fluid changed I drove it for about 40 miles and the next day a check Gear Crankshaft code appeared P0730. I took it back to the mechanic he cleared the code and we test drove it together and it all seemed to be ok after that.
However the whine is now starting to become a little more pronounced and I am getting concerned that they may have damaged my transmission which never whined whatsoever before I had the fluid changed. It ran perfectly.
I ask the mechanic about the and he said well maybe the old dirty fluid masked the whine and with the new fluid changed it just brought the problem to bear, which I don't really believe but I am not an expert mechanic.
I need someone who is extremely well versed with this year make model and engine to please answer this question. This is the 3rd Vanden Plas I've owned in the past 20 years.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Other than the noise how does the transmission shift?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel phone call.