Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Audi TT: 2003 Audi tt non Quattro 1.8 automatic ,

Customer Question

2003 Audi tt none Quattro 1.8 automatic , transmission indicator lite up kind of stock  shows PARKDLL When I shift  indicator doesn't move  it's stuck , also when car cold it shifts super fine , after 30 minuets its start jerking and not shift normal ?

Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative. i do need to know more information of the vehicle . in the back where the spare tire , there is a white 3x5 sticker . i do need a pic of the sticker . it has option codes to determine which transmission you have to assist in your issue . thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll do my best
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

audi trunk sticker

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
great let me do some digging and will get back with you shortly!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I remember changing crank position sensor
!but drove 200 miles before it started to act up
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
good information for me to know still working on this . thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok let me know , its very common issue from what I hear !especially the shifter lights in cluster all lit up PRND12 !

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
ok you may have a compounded issue here. did you have a scan test performed on the vehicle and what codes were stored? i do know that you have a 6 speed automatic aisin transmission. fault codes are the only piece of the puzzle i need to give you the direction to go with this
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.
hello there checking in to see if any more progress on the scan test thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know what you mean ! I gave it a shot with you guys
I will take it to Audi and get it scanned that was my last option
Spending big box at Audi or other specialty mechanics!
Was my last resort
Thanks for your time