Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

1992 legacy AWD automatic. Takes 5 to 10 mins. on freeway before

Customer Question

1992 legacy AWD automatic. Takes 5 to 10 mins. on freeway before over drive locks in.
Can this be a fluid problem or worse?
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my center dif. is acting up. can this effect the shifting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid by PayPal then noticed it is a monthly fee. Would just like to pay for this one question
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Anytime the transmission has shifting concerns it's always a good idea to start with doing a complete fluid flush especially if that has not been done recently. It's possible that could resolve the problem . If after doing so and the problem is not resolved then the problem is likely internal but I would start with the flush first to at least rule out bad fluid. Its not likely the problem you are having with the center diff is causing the problem.