Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

A 2012 GMC Canyon 4x4 while doing a low speed sharp turn in

Customer Question

A 2012 GMC Canyon 4x4 while doing a low speed sharp turn in reverse there is a popping noise like something slipping or a keg slipping over a notch somewhere in the rear end, but the vehicle seems not to hesitate......Could be when foot is mildly on the brake
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
When this occurs can it be felt in the steering wheel?
I believe you are describing a possible issue with the locker in the rear axle. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris