GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

GM Buick: GM 200 R4 Transmission Pump filter/screen locati

Customer Question

GM 200 R4 Transmission Pump filter/screen location
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Hello, may I ask the model of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1983 Buick Park Ave

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, computer slowed down, did a reset :( back to you shortly on this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Part is a 1" tube shaped plastic housing screen/filter which fell out when I removed the pump from housing and may actually go somewhere in the valve body?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is new information, can you tell me exactly what you did, where and why? did you drop the pan? this fell out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Transmission is removed from the vehicle. I am rebuilding it. This part fell out when I removed the pump from the Transmission. It may or may not go back in the pump?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
the pump is at the front of trans when you remove the big round disc behind the converter. As you know. All you are talking about leads me to the main scree under the pan, so, I am a bit confused, can you take a pic and upload to this post?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My camera batteries are low, must recharge them. The part is about an inch long, has a plastic base, round, with tube shaped screen along most of its length, about 1/8" in diameter

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the explode diagram I wanted to send, I will opt out and open the post back up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

GM 200 R4 Transmission Pump filter/screen location.

The part is about an inch long, has a plastic base, round, with tube shaped screen along most of its length, about 1/8" in diameter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert did not know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Re: I do not have the explode diagram I wanted to send, I will opt out and open the post back up.

Please verify that you have opted out and opened the post back up...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Unable to provide the information required.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name BobIf you give me until I get to work tomorrow. I will look it up.Let me know if that's okThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes,

ThankYou

Expert:  GM Bob replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Bob,

I'm calling the rebuild kit Manufacturer to find out if they know where this part goes.

AL