Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Ford Explorer: Scott, I recently rebuilt a 5r55s transmission

Customer Question

Hi Scott,
I recently rebuilt a 5r55s transmission in my '05 explorer. When I started it to test the transmission I can get all the gears in drive, but it won't engage in reverse. I replaced the reverse servo and still it will not go into reverse. I am stumped right now, any suggestions?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Did you happen to perform a air pressure test on the reverse servo?I am currently leaning to the rear band not lined up, meaning the servo is not hitting the anchor. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris