Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Toyota sienna: I have a toyota sienna 2006 which will not shift

Customer Question

I have a toyota sienna 2006 which will not shift at all. Checked the oil and not dark, red as it should be.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair the cause here.I have seen transmission shift solenoids and pressure control solenoid failure cause issues like this here as well as the transmission valve body.
Thanks Pete