Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD: Have 2002 chevy silverado 2500

Customer Question

Have 2002 chevy silverado 2500 hd diesel 6.6 L motor. Transmission neutral safty switch replaced because wolud not start in park or neutral. Now transmission does not start sometimes because the shifter handle on column does not always line up with indicator on dash. And to make matters worse it was stuck in third today and would not up shift. Checked fluid good, clean and full. Checked error codes get Po700 and po708. What do you think is going on?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Did you adjust the shift linkage after this repair?
Can you adjust the linkage and let me know the results? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris