sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Concorde Limited: my Chrysler concorde 2002 when it

Customer Question

my Chrysler concorde 2002 when it downshifts it will bang, then if I don't shut the car off and restart it it does not shift .I want to change the transmission sensor but not sure if it is the input or output sensor
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The trans is going into limp in because the TCM is seeing an issue that could cause potential damage or it thinks it doesn't have complete control.
The problem could be many things including speed sensors, solenoids, pressure switches, wiring, the TCM itself, the trans relay, or internal trans issues.
If the speedometer continues to work then you can rule out the output speed sensor.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see what fault codes are setting in the TCM. The most common issue on these is a failed low/reverse pressure switch, which would require replacement of the solenoid pack mounted to the top of the valve body.