Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Pontiac G6 GT: just today my G6 STARTED TO DRAG IN GEAR

Customer Question

Hi just today my G6 STARTED TO DRAG IN GEAR ON THE auto on my way to work then I went to manual and seemed ok. What may be wrong? and will I hurt my car in manual?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This sounds like a shift solenoid is possibly staying engaged causing this here or an issue with the vehicle speed sensor.You can operate it in manual as this will do more good then harm with this issue but the transmission needs checked/tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause.
Thanks Pete