sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Dodge Ram 2500: I took my 2015 ram to the lake 4th

Customer Question

I took my 2015 ram to the lake for the 4th and got into some sand put it in 4wheel drive it went for a little bit and then just quit going forward
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It's possible that the problem is in the transmission but if this happened after putting it into four wheel drive it may be a transfer case issue. It's possible you could have mechanical damage but it isn't that likely, I would first suspect a shift motor issue if the problem is with the transfer case.
You mentioned it quit going forward. Does it have reverse? If it has reverse then the problem is in the trans.
Are you able to push the truck with the engine off and trans in park?