gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Hyundai Electrna: What is the problem with a 1999 Haundya electrina

Customer Question

What is the problem with a 1999 Haundya electrina that has ATF on top of the transmission
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, is fluid blowing out of the dipstick tube?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fluid blowing out of the dipstick. Here's whats happening. I can put fluid into the transmission get into the car and take off.
The fluid will drip out before I get no more that 200 feet. When I stop and look into the engine you can see ATC on top of the transmission. When the transmission is cool the car will shift gears but when it's hot sometimes it will jump from one gear to another. Question could it be something to do with the breather hose?Let me know your thoughts
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.
There is a breather on top of the transmission- you should see a small black plastic cap on the end of a short pipe in the area where you find the fluid.Typically fluid will only come out this breather when the transmission is working hard, the fluid boils and will overflow this vent.Make sure your fluid level is set correctly, and does not smell "burnt". You may need to drop the transmission pan and do a filter change, while you are in there check for any sign of particles or metal "flakes" or chunks. Glitter is normal, and buildup on the magnet can be wiped off with a lint free cloth.