FSM09
FSM09, Other
Experience:  Ford Senior Master, specialty in diesels, drive trains, and powertrain.
74859263

2002 F-150 ONLY SHIFTS INTO 1ST GEAR AND SLIPS BACK INTO NEUTRAL

Customer Question

2002 F-150 ONLY SHIFTS INTO 1ST GEAR AND SLIPS BACK INTO NEUTRAL AFTER 25 MPH. NO REVERSE EITHER. ADDED FLUID BUT STILL THE SAME SYMPTOMS
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  FSM09 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. If you shift the vehicle into manual 1st and manual 2nd do they work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just 1st
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still working on this for me?
Expert:  FSM09 replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am sorry for the delay. It sounds like the transmission has an internal failure. When you go from 1st gear to 2nd the Front band engages. It sounds like it can be an issue. If you are low on flui it will cause the same issues as well. It could be a bad one way clutch as well. If you have a way to test for codes I would do this first. The fluid should be a reddish color and not smell burnt at all.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.