Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Patriot: I have a 2007 Jeep Patriot, 4WD, automatic with 135,000

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Jeep Patriot, 4WD, automatic with 135,000 miles. It was hesitating and then wouldn't shift so I couldn't go anywhere above 20 mph. I stopped. About an hour later it drove ok. I took it to a Transmission mechanic. He said it was the TCM but I'd have to take to dealer because it would need to be calibrated by them anyway. He said I may need a new transmission but this TCM could fix it. I took it to the dealer. They said the other mechanic was wrong. They said transmission service should be performed on it after every 60,000 miles. They are servicing it now but said it is probably going to need a new transmission. That will cost at least $4000 and may be as much as $8000.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
I am not quite sure what question it is your asking.Are there trouble codes?Why are they not offering to fix it rather than replace it? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I took the car to a different shop. Turns out no transmission problem. It was plugs and coils. Thank you though
Glad you got it resolved. Transmission concerns are often confused with misfires and much cheaper than the 8k quote you got.