Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Subaru Impreza: Thank you. My car is a Subaru Impreza. Do you

Customer Question

Thank you. My car is a Subaru Impreza. Do you know about manual transmissions on these? I think it's Trans fluid is low. But last night 5th gear popped out and would remain engaged for maybe 12-16 miles before popping out again
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The issue that you are having is not a fluid issue, the issue is internal. There is a plastic clip inside of the transmission for each gear that holds the shifter in place, when these clips get old and worn the result is the gear will pop out as you are experiencing. in order to correct this issue the clip will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Is this something I can easily do? And/or what is a resonance price for the service repair?