Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have a 1998 xk8 and we recently replaced the engine and

Customer Question

I have a 1998 xk8 and we recently replaced the engine and trans and we were getting a fail safe mode and no codes we replaced the throttle body control and it stopped going into fail safe mode but now there is intermittent hesitation the car bolts off
then sputters and takes time to catch up gets power then hesitates again, the car has been checked several times and there are no codes being read on the computer
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check and make sure there are no engine vacuum leaks as this can cause this type of fault here.If this is o.k. on some models the mass air flow sensor can send incorrect air flow signals intermittently and cause this issue and usually requires replacement.I would have these checked to see if any of these are the cause here.
Thanks Pete