Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Mazda Tribute: 2005 mazda tribute auto trans will sometimes

Customer Question

2005 mazda tribute auto trans will sometimes not move in gear. the gear select works fine and I know it is coming out of park. if running for a little while and put in drive, or if driving and come to stop, it will then not send power to the wheels acts like its in neutral. fluid level is good and no signs of leaks.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
When in gear and not moving, this is not an electrical issue. Its internal and mechanical concerns on the CD4E transaxle. Most likely related to the valve body, a stick pressure valve from a weak or damaged spring or a score mark in the bore. The valve body on this model can be removed with the trans still in the vehicle. This is what I would remove and disassemble and check first. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris