Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Saab 900 SE Turbo: 1997 Saab 900 SE 2.0l turbo M/T. I need

Customer Question

1997 Saab 900 SE 2.0l turbo M/T. I need some help getting a better response from my Saab. Whe starting off from a light, 1st gear seems to have a very limited range (almost like a granny gear), then unless I make a quick shift into second to retain the RPM's, second is a dog. An example is from today in traffic. I had to slow down behind a semi and when I down shifted into second to whip over in the passing lane, second didn't have anything and 1st was way too low. Can a ECU be re-programmed to help here or is there something else that can be done?

Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I don't see any transmission upgrades to correct this here but I would check with a dealer or auto accessory install facility to see if any programming can be done to make this any better.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but the question was in limbo for so long I got an answer elsewhere. Just need to close the question out.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,if you need anything else in the future let me know.
Thanks Pete