Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

92 izuzu rodeo 2wd: 92 izuzu rodeo manual tranny 5 speed 2

Customer Question

92 izuzu rodeo manual tranny 5 speed*****...locks up when let off clutch...when clutch depressed in neutral will roll until let off clutch... can I readjust rails without pulling tranny?. is it possible it shifted into third or fourth before being out of 2nd?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
,,Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youfrom the way you explain,it sounds as if the transmission is stuck into two gears at the same time,,,the problem may be a broken shift fork,,i wouldnt think you can fix this from outside the transmission,i would think it will need to be removed and took apartPLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/49km0u2aj5mpupf/0624-nissan-transmission-If%20you%20are%20satisfied%20with%20my%20answer.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/49km0u2aj5mpupf/0624-nissan-transmission-If%20you%20are%20satisfied%20with%20my%20answer.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim thanx but how can I know what part description the numbers refer too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are numbers beside each part but no description as to their name
15 and 14 are the forks
not 16..but 13 and 14..sorry
not 15 but 13 and 14