Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

How to get the pressure switch the send the code to the transmission

Customer Question

How to get the pressure switch the send the code to the transmission to change at the dealer?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Can you explain what type of problem you are having and what it is you are trying to do as well as what year make and model you are working on and I will try and help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I put my 2005 Acura RL in reverse after cranking it up. I am getting an indicator light AFS and the R is flashing on the transmission indicator. When I put it in drive then the D is flashing. If I cut the car off and start up again. The flashing stop and indicator lights go off and everything is okay. What causing the problem and general cost to repair at dealer.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
When the AFS (adaptive front lighting system) light come on this means the seeing a fault and in order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and see what the B fault code and or codes are setting . Once you know the code testing will need to be done and the proper part replaced. Unfortunately with out knowing the fault code and what needs to be repair there is no way to determine the cost of the repair. You can expect to pay 1 to 2 hours in labor to run the diagnostics in order to determine the cause.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the transmission flashing lights?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
There both related and both mean the system is seeing a fault, the code scan will determine what is failing and causing the lights to flash.