Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

I am having a problem with my 4X4 engaging. No lights on Start

Customer Question

I am having a problem with my 4X4 engaging. No lights on Start up and no movement when switch thrown.
4X4 relays have been replaced. Transfer case motor has been replaced. No voltage coming to pin 30 on relays.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youwhat is the year,make and model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2002 Ford F-350 7.3 powerstroke 4x4. At startup the 4x4 light no longer flashes and switch does not cause the transfer case motor to engage the 4x4.Relays have been replaced as well as the transfer case motor. I am getting no voltage to pin 30 on relay.
are you there?If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
ok...have you checked all fuses?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just double checked every fuse. All fuses are good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand you can't touch my car. I am at the end of my rope. I think I know what it is but before I drop $300 I want a second opinion. I am thinking the 4wd control module.
i would think you are right..if the fuses are good..i think also that it isthe transfer case control module[tccm]
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know where to order a control module from?
hiASI should have the module or they can rebuild yours(###) ###-####http://www.autoecu.com/shift-interlock-module/ford/f150-f250-f350/1987-1996/buy-from-inventory/1987-1996-ford-f150-f250-f350-transfer-case-shift-module/?gclid=CJTbtrjvzsYCFdgUgQodQoMMZw.thanksIf you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.