Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Kia Rondo LX: my 07 kia rondo lx wont come out of park.etc

Customer Question

my 07 kia rondo lx wont come out of park.etc without using the release button and then it wont shift when in drive and no gears indicated on dash. alrdy changed the brake switch. any other suggestions?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the transmission position sensor which may be part of the shifter on this model here.I have seen the electronics fail on the shifter itself and cause this issue here and had to replace the shifter assembly.This will need to be tested further with having fault codes checked first to locate and repair the fault here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
codes p0707, c1315, c1612 and another think it was c1611
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and one that was something about the radio frequncy of the tpms not working, but no tpms problems
im leaning towards thinking the ecu might have gave out