Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

97 E320 won,t shift out of second gear. code says no CAN

Customer Question

97 E320 won,t shift out of second gear. code says no CAN comunication with shifter. How domyou check shifter to make sure it is bad
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trans bangs hard into reverse or drive and then when you go it is failsafe and won,t shift out of second gear
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This is a common fault with the shifter itself.I have had to replace it several times before in the past for this issue here.This is usually checked with a dealers sds machine to observe data from the shifter itself but I suspect yours will need replaced.
Thanks Pete