Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Saturn vue: I have 2003 saturn vue 3.0 the transmission starts

Customer Question

I have 2003 saturn vue 3.0 the transmission starts off good few miles it make a small noise when you stop it stays in high gear turn key off and back on and it's ok it's usually good the rest of the day
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here since you can cycle the key off and back on and it operates o.k. from there this indicates an internal electrical fault with one of the solenoids or sensors in the transmission needing replaced.I have seen solenoid failure in the past before cause this issue and had to replace the affected solenoid.
The transmission will need to be tested further to locate which is the cause here and then replaced from there.
Thanks Pete