Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

320d, E46: I have 2002 automatic transmission 320d,E46. It

Customer Question

I have 2002 automatic transmission 320d,E46. It has a pulling power issue for initial pickup for 1st and 2nd gear , and takes time to change from 2nd to 3rd gear, but after that car is fast and normal speed. Followings are replaced, turbo charger unit, common rail sensors , maf , tank unit pump and inline pump. Finally suspected that engine high pressure diesel fuel pump and to replace it. Do you have any other idea/suggestions? and secondly, how to replace and precautions while replacing high pressure pump? Any timing to be marked? etc. Awaiting positive reply, Thanks Manju
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  nabilc replied 1 year ago.
Hello Manju and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask, if further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Before replacing the high pressure fuel pump, did you check using a scan tool, for any fault codes?