Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Lexus Gs350 awd: I have a 2007 Lexus gs350 awd I just purchased

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Lexus gs350 awd I just purchased this vehicle and when I test drove it . It drove great and transmission shifted properly as soon as I left the dealer I got in to traffic on the interstate and stop and go traffic I started hearing a clunk in the transmission in early gears like it was shifting hard. if I drive fast through early gears it will shift smooth with no thud noises( sometimes louder sometime barely feel it). It's really weird because it doesn't always do it. I feel like it might be an ecu issue. Other then that transmission shifts great through all other gears. It's only going through early gears driving slower you will hear and feal this thud
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In allot of cases this can be due to debris build up in the transmission valve body that will cause this here.I would have a transmission flush done to see if flushing out the fluid and adding new will correct this fault.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that as well but my car has a closed off system something lexus was doing then supposedly. After i purchased the car and felt the symptoms i told the dealer he said lexus has a procedure they call a drain fill were they drain 2 quarts at a time only then fill up cause a full flush can damage the transmission. I was told this already done! I can take it somewhere else that i trust and have it done, but if it not that what would be the next step.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this did not answer my question