Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Mustang GT: , I have a 2009 Mustang gt auto (5r55s transmission)R

Customer Question

hello, I have a 2009 Mustang gt auto (5r55s transmission)
Recently, been hearing this clunk noise when it downshifts from 2 to 1st gear, Apart from that, i can say the shifts are shifting fine and strong, moving the gear from park to drive or drive to reserve while parked works fine with no jolt or anything out of ordinary
appreciate your help
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to add a bit more info: Moving from park to drive something gives this tool box noise- as if something is loose but always goes into gear, Just the noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I believe you can address this harsh downshift with 3 steps. The transmission oil serviced, the OD and INT bands adjusted, and the computer reprogrammed to the most recent level then the shift strategy relearned. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris