sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Ram 1500: Richard I have a 2002 dodge ram and I have been

Customer Question

Hi Richard I have a 2002 dodge ram and I have been having various intermittent trans issues. Unusual shifting over heating lag in motion right after start up and now finally it won't register park or neutral on the dash thus not allowing me to start it. I'm at the conclusion the TCM has failed.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
It sounds as if you either have a TCM or range sensor issue. A failed range sensor or wiring issue can prevent cranking and cause the loss of PRNDL display and it can also cause limp in. Your mention of a lag leads me to believe it may be going into limp in.
Which engine do you have?