Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

5r55e this transmission was late shifting into 2nd 4500 rpm

Customer Question

5r55e this transmission was late shifting into 2nd 4500 rpm and have to let off throttle to get to shift i removed parts down to center support removed center support reemed servo holes and sleeved put back together now no manual 1st and not taking off
in 1st at d position only shifts once and then slips under heavy throttle removed valve body did not remove steel plate at valve body .
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Chris here, It sounds like the servo is stuck applied for the OD band or its adjusted to tight or there is a valve body issue. Have you tested the solenoids? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris