Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 99 3.2TL and when I put it in gear sometimes it will

Customer Question

I have a 99 3.2TL and when I put it in gear sometimes it will go into gear and sometimes it will not. All of my clutches, steels, o rings and seals are new. It seem to hear a slight electronic like click when it works properly but nothing when it doesn't.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
As long as the shifter is not out of adjustment the only thing I can see to blame with he current info is a sticking valve or spring issue inside the valve body.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris all the valves in the valve body were moving freelyare certain solenoids that must be activated when its in gear?
Do you get this no engagement issue in D and R and what is the remedy to get it working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get it in D and R . If I start the car the first time I put it in gear it may work then when I go back to do it again it may not.
Open the file below, these are the possible causes for no engagement.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/audiengage.png