Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Patriot: hiI was wondering how to stop my trany from over

Customer Question

hi
I was wondering how to stop my trany from over heating on my patriot I don't want to blow it up I've already had it serviced
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the transmission is actually over heating you could consider installing an added transmission cooler for added cooling. That being said, what is making you think its actually over heating? Explain in detail and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok was driving to school on high way at 70 miles an hr and few mins later light over thermo meter was on but wasnt reeding hot and I just graduly startedloosing speed like all the way to 30 on high way
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Was the system scanned and if so what where the fault codes you should have had setting when the light came on?