Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Altima: Having trouble with a 2004 Altima automatic transmission

Customer Question

Having trouble with a 2004 Altima automatic transmission with the 2.5 engine. Ran and drive fine, yesterday while driving around 45 it downshifted automatically and stayed at a high rpm. Started it today, idles fine. Trans fluid level is good while idling. Driving it shifts into 1st and second just fine. Smooth shifts, with no jerking or hard shifting. But when I get it up to about 45 mph it won't change to a higher gear and the rpms will just continue to go up, it was at 6k rpm and still not upshifting. And when I let off the gas it downshifts just fine. Could it possibly be a clutch assembly, loose ground wire on solenoid pack, or shift cable not adjusted right?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
If there are no warning lights or messages on, then there is not an electrical issue. The concern in that event is going to be the valve body or internal associated with a clutch issue. Have you ever done transmission repairs inside the trans? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris