Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Plymouth Belvedere II: Have fluid leak on A727. Replaced rear

Customer Question

Have fluid leak on A727. Replaced rear shaft seal and bushing. Could not replace the clip on thr bearing, finally gave up, put in bearing and put housing back on shaft and tranny back in car without the bearing retainer clip. Is this going to create a "leave me on the road" problem. 1970 A727 TF Tranny.
Jack
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Unfortunately if the clip you are referring to was a retaining clip that is suppose to keep the bearing from moving then yes, at some point if the bearing moves it could be a problem. The clip in most cases is to insure the bearing can not move.