sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country LXi: My chrysler town and country

Customer Question

My chrysler town and country van keep cutting off and the gauge that tell the transmission to work won't work please help me
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are quite a few things that could be going on depending on what is actually happening.
With the little information that was posted it sounds as if it may be starting and dying abruptly. If it starts, runs for two seconds and dies abruptly along with the instrument cluster or shifter display not working correctly then the problem is most likely in the instrument cluster. Cracked solder joints on the circuit board will cause the cluster to try to ground through the communication bus. This prevents the body controller from communicating with the engine controller so the engine starts and dies. If this is what you're experiencing then try unplugging the cluster, press the unlock button on the key fob and it should start and stay running. Resoldering the electrical connector's terminals on the circuit board should take care of the problem.